Paul’s Book Store
A collection of books written by Dr. SchemppShop Now
Promoting Performance is designed to provide inspiration, stats and facts to guide you on the road to excellence.
Sign up now for this exclusive e-Newsletter and be the first to know.
A great message is best conveyed when staged for effective delivery. Meeting the following staging, audio visual and lighting requirements will help to ensure an enjoyable program with lasting impact for your people.
The following suggestions are important, not just for the effectiveness of my presentation, but for the overall success of the event:
- Please provide a raised platform in the center of the front wall of the room. Steps off either side of the platform are preferred.
- Keep the front row as close to the stage as possible, and fill up the front rows first. Approximately six feet away is ideal.
- A podium is not necessary.
The following suggestions are important not just for the effectiveness of my presentation, but for the overall success of the event:
- Wireless lapel or headset microphone.
- Largest Projection Screen possible (for audiences of 500 or more an IMAG (I\image magnification) is highly recommended).
- A laptop will need to be attached to a high powered sound system as the presentation will have powerpoint slides and video/audio clips. Please provide the necessary interface items and adapters (RCA, 1/4″ or 1/8″ stereo mini-jack).
- If possible, please provide a back-up laptop computer with Windows 2000/XP and Power Point 2002 (or later) loaded. A back-up CD copy of the presentation will be installed on this laptop. Should Paul’s laptop freeze up, he will switch to the back-up. An RGB switcher should be utilized to switch to this secondary laptop.
- A well-lit stage helps keep the audience’s attention focused on the front of the room. Paul will use the full stage and will even walk into the audience at strategic points in the presentation. If the room has spotlights, please aim them for a general wash of the front of the stage. People are more alert in brightness, so please keep the house lights up full, but dim the lighting on the projection screens.
- A dark stage backdrop is preferred.
Paul is a high-energy speaker who utilizes movement to connect with his audience. This means that he likes to move from left to right across the stage and occasionally out into the audience. If possible, please take this into consideration when designing the stage set and audio logistics.
- Learn What Steps to Take to Engage Paul
- Ideas for Key Presentations
- See a List of Paul's Clients & Client Testimonials
- Watch Video Clips of Paul's Presentations